Delete all Instances of Family in Current View Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete all Instances of Family in Current View Only

How would I go about Selecting all instances in the current view of a list of Family Types and deleting them from that view only.

I am selecting the Family Types using the Family Types node and combining them together into a list and selecting all elements of family type and then deleting them.

I just need to get this to only do the elements in the current view not in the whole project.

I have also posted this on the Dynamo Forum

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/delete...ive-view/10817
    Attached Files
    Denis Pohlman, AIA, NCARB, WELL AP, CPHC
    Architect + BIM Coordinator
    Kahler Slater, Inc.

Originally posted by dtp81390 View Post
    How would I go about Selecting all instances in the current view of a list of Family Types and deleting them from that view only.

I am selecting the Family Types using the Family Types node and combining them together into a list and selecting all elements of family type and then deleting them.

I just need to get this to only do the elements in the current view not in the whole project.

I have also posted this on the Dynamo Forum

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/delete...ive-view/10817
    For a similar situation, I used spring nodes collector.ElementsInView to collect elements from a specified view, and then used SetIntersection on the 2 lists. SetDifference would give you elements in the model but not in the specified view.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Chris Ellersick

Comment

This is how I would approach this problem. Note that this will only pull elements within the Crop Boundary of your active view.

Attached Files

Sol Amour

Architectural Explorer, Digital warrior, Affectual adventurer and Curious Human Being
      Portfolio Website @ Cargo Collective

Comment