Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceiling Height filters

Thought I'd share.
    A post on Phillip Chan's blog reminded me of this graph I've written recently to create Filters based on every Ceiling Height in a project.
    It's relatively customized to our office standards, but shouldn't be too hard to modify.
    The graph find all Ceiling Heights in a project and creates a Filter for each height, named RCP-height
    Then it applies all of those Filters to a View Template named Coordination - RCP Ceiling Heights using our company standard color palette

It's still got a few rough edges - I'm using the SpringNodes Feet2Fraction and that occasionally converts 8'-8" to 8'-7 2/2"
    I also kind of hard-wired the node that creates the Filter to do only Ceiling Heights - that need to be more generic.

Feel free to use, modify improve and/or criticize.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DaveP; March 10, 2017, 03:34 PM. Reason: Had to ZIP the two .dyf files - those aren't uploadable to RFO
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Having an Enscape evening but will be checking this out Monday.

Comment

Ive used filters for ceiling height before, but abandoned it because you first need to know what they are before making all the filters and it doesnt update with changes. Doing it programatically solves that issue I guess.

This solution is also very intersting;
      https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/genera...heights/7604/7 (Bottom of the thread)

Using the Analysis Display could be a good option because you can potential project it over any view without changes to the filter and template.
      "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by josephpeel View Post
        Using the Analysis Display could be a good option
        If you can get it to work, my efforts failed, and I resorted to populating "Unbounded Height" into a new SP which we can now use Colour Schemes on.

Comment

Here's a new version.
          A few bugs fixed, the whole routine is now more generic and thus (hopefully) more adaptable to other parameters.
          I also wrote my own "FeetInchesFraction" node to replace the SpringNodes Feet2Fraction, which had a tendency to return 8" as 7 2/2"
          (and thanks to Gordon for now allowing .dyf files to be uploaded)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by DaveP; March 20, 2017, 09:15 PM. Reason: Updated FeetInchesFraction after an hour
          Dave Plumb
          BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment