Clockwork Nodes Are amamzing.....but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clockwork Nodes Are amamzing.....but

all of the sudden I do not know what is going on....

My clockwork nodes are returning NULL...

element.location is the first one that was broken.. but there are others too.

I tried uninstalling all of my packages, then reinstalling starting with clockwork first... the test run... no bueno.

ahhhhhh

Anyone else out there see these same problems?
    Regards,
    Emmett Cruey
    ConnectedBIM.Design
    925-695-6000

What version of Clockwork are you using and what version of Dynamo? Andreas' has multiple iterations dependent on the Dynamo version out there.

Sol Amour

Architectural Explorer, Digital warrior, Affectual adventurer and Curious Human Being
    Portfolio Website @ Cargo Collective

Comment

Yeah I had this problem too...
      I believe it is because the clockwork packages make a lot of use of the 'Return List or Single Item' node, inside the other nodes. This node was failing in lots of nodes after I upgraded to Dynamo 1.2 and just un-re-installing the clockwork package didnt fix the problem, because that node was not being overwritten and/or couldnt be found.

I fixed it with a total reinstall from nothing, but some packages still havent been updated so just go for the ones that actually say Dynamo 1.2+

While its great that Dynamo is being developed so quickly, the unreliability this causes is a real problem if you want to distribute your solutions within a company. So now I just insist everyone has the stable 1.2 version that comes with revit and doesnt update. I cut and paste the code out of the custom code blocks into 'python by string' nodes wherever possible too (Also a good way to fix old nodes), so people dont actually need the packages.
      Last edited by josephpeel; January 18, 2017, 03:10 PM.
      "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by josephpeel View Post
        ...it is because the clockwork packages make a lot of use of the 'Return List or Single Item' node, inside the other nodes. This node was failing in lots of nodes ...
        +1
        I fixed it for pre-1.2 by looking up the 'Return List or Single Item' node and replaced it with my own version. Basically, if you use a list.Create and then List.Flatten by 1 tier. Does exactly the same thing.
        TurnIntoList.PNG

Or do what Andreas did in 1.2
        TurnIntoList2.PNG
        Last edited by ekkonap; January 19, 2017, 03:05 PM.
        There must be a better way...

Ekko Nap
        Professional nitpicker, architect, revit consultant, etc.

Comment

total re-install of Revit from nothing?
          Regards,
          Emmett Cruey
          ConnectedBIM.Design
          925-695-6000

Comment

Originally posted by josephpeel View Post
            Yeah I had this problem too...
            I believe it is because the clockwork packages make a lot of use of the 'Return List or Single Item' node, inside the other nodes. This node was failing in lots of nodes after I upgraded to Dynamo 1.2 and just un-re-installing the clockwork package didnt fix the problem, because that node was not being overwritten and/or couldnt be found.

I fixed it with a total reinstall from nothing, but some packages still havent been updated so just go for the ones that actually say Dynamo 1.2+

While its great that Dynamo is being developed so quickly, the unreliability this causes is a real problem if you want to distribute your solutions within a company. So now I just insist everyone has the stable 1.2 version that comes with revit and doesnt update. I cut and paste the code out of the custom code blocks into 'python by string' nodes wherever possible too (Also a good way to fix old nodes), so people dont actually need the packages.
            total re-install of revit? or just Dynamo....
            Regards,
            Emmett Cruey
            ConnectedBIM.Design
            925-695-6000

Comment

Just reinstall clockwork!

Ekko Nap

Comment

Originally posted by ekkonap View Post
                Just reinstall clockwork!
                Yeah..tried that twice already... did not work.
                Regards,
                Emmett Cruey
                ConnectedBIM.Design
                925-695-6000

Comment

Originally posted by ecraider View Post
                  Yeah..tried that twice already... did not work.
                  Strange. Anyway, you can also track down where the 'turn into list' Node is stored and replace the python bit with the examples above. I found one installed here, for example. C:\Users\ena\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.2\packages\Clockwork for Dynamo 0.9.x\dyf

Edit: suddenly confused which one was malfunctioning again, 'Return List or Single Item' or 'turn into list', or if the one was nested into the other. I am sure I only replaced 'turn into list' with my own version though.
                  Last edited by ekkonap; January 19, 2017, 09:14 PM.

Ekko Nap

Comment