Scheduling Doors in LINKED model with Rooms in HOST model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduling Doors in LINKED model with Rooms in HOST model

We have multiple house units that repeat and so we are linking in house types and using them repeatedly for the different houses.

Now, the doors are in the linked house type models and we have made the rooms in the HOST model to give them individually identifiable room numbers.

Our door schedules use the "to room" parameter and the "room number" to identify the location of the doors. Revit doesn't allow the doors and rooms to be connected across linked models.

Has anyone come across a solution using dynamo ?

Thank you in advance.
    Kamran Mirza
    Chartered Architect RIBA, ARB, PCATP

Steam Nodes can pull the Rooms from a link files but you wont be able to write it to the From/To Room parameter. I stopped using those a long time ago as they are not reliable(they won't update after the schedule as been created)

once you have the Rooms then you can use Intersect to find the geometrical intersection. Might get a little tricky with doors but it works

Comment

Thanks Daniel. They say that just giving a direction to the hungry is enough, they'll go feed themselves. Hopefully your direction will be enough for me
      Kamran Mirza

Comment

OK I got this: https://dynamonodes.com/2016/10/28/h...-project-link/
        Last edited by kamranmirza; December 13, 2016, 06:23 PM.
        Kamran Mirza

Comment

And then this ?

Topic: Geometry Intersect and Geometry DoesInterect not working | Dynamo BIM

The end of the post has the solution ?
          Kamran Mirza

Comment

there is this one:
            What Revit Wants: Collect Elements in Rooms Across Linked Files, and Write Room Data Directly to Elements or List to Excel
            but it seems so complicated to work, even dynamo keeps crashing very often when i open it and try to get my head around it

Comment