• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elton williams
    replied
    Originally posted by gel2017 View Post
    Thanks jmk,

The fence has to follow a 3d string that goes up and down with the topography. Each post location is a node on the 3d string.
    The height of the posts, depth of the post foundations, diameter of the post foundations, distance and height if the fence panels vary as the fence goes along.

Is it possible to import a 3d dwg string into revit and add a custom family part along the string a at the required points?

The end result has to show a finished design in a navis model, and export material quantities for costing.

Thanks again!
    Dynamo will do it but if you dont use it think about adaptive components. Theres a really good video floating around by Julien Benoit. Its a few years old now but you might be able to find it by searching this forum/google.

Edit. I found the thread https://www.revitforum.org/tutorials...rting-kit.html but it seems the video no longer exists
    Last edited by elton williams; July 18, 2017, 09:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gel2017
    replied
    Thanks jmk,

The fence has to follow a 3d string that goes up and down with the topography. Each post location is a node on the 3d string.
    The height of the posts, depth of the post foundations, diameter of the post foundations, distance and height if the fence panels vary as the fence goes along.

Is it possible to import a 3d dwg string into revit and add a custom family part along the string a at the required points?

The end result has to show a finished design in a navis model, and export material quantities for costing.

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• jmk
    replied
    There are several ways to do it, it depends on the requirements of the project and what you want to achieve. Is it strait lines? Curves? What views does it need to show correctly in? Line based generic models with an arrayed component and curtain walls are two potential options.

I would never use CAD (but then I also never have)

Leave a comment:

• gel2017
    started a topic Fence object

Fence object

Hi all,

I am required to model a fence with posts at points along a 3d string. Any ideas? I'm thinking I need to use Acad and blocks to achieve this.

Thanks