Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isolate selection in Navisworks per NWC file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isolate selection in Navisworks per NWC file?

Can you isolate a Search under Find Items to only select items from a particular NWC file? Here's what I'm trying to do: use the Item > File Name string to select the particular NWC file, then the second string (which inherently is the AND function) to use Element > Category with a NOT EQUALS condition for Ceilings. This does not yield any results. I can get each string to work individually but cannot get them to work together. Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Tannar Z. Frampton ™
    Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Yes you can, but not the way you think:

Use Find Items, but in the LEFT pane of find items, where it says what to search in? Dont put it on ALL. Put it on... the other search set.

So make "Search Set- File i want" then make search set "Stuff i want" that is set to only search in "Search set- File i want." I have ours saved in our library in XML, like that. Works like a champ if you name files predictably.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Fantastic Aaron. I swear, every time we meet for beers, your entire tab should be on me for all the times you've helped me. I would have never figured that out. Thanks again man!!

-TZ
      Tannar Z. Frampton ™
      Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

Haha, i appreciate it. Someone showed it to me too, i didnt figure that one out. But its amazing. I export all of our Revit Filters to Navis as prebuilt search sets now. Its amazeballs.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
          I export all of our Revit Filters to Navis as prebuilt search sets now. Its amazeballs.
          What do you mean by export them out? Is there an easy way for these to be .xml files for Navis?
          Brian Mackey |BD Mackey Consulting
          www.bdmackeyconsulting.com/blog
          @Twitter

Comment

Yes and no. I should have specified: I exported them out of navisworks.

In our Navis rollout, I've dropped a folder on every machine, that has an XML for all of the Beck Search Sets. If you can write a filter for it in revit, you can write a search set for it in navis.

Allows our construction guys to... say:

1. Find all items with wall blocking
            2. Isolate all office equipment
            3. Isolate all medical equipment
            4. Isolate all food service equipment
            5. Isolate all fire resistive walls

Comment

OK I thought you had a fancy way to export out Revit Filters and automatically make them a Navis .xml file. I usually import clash .xml files which will include all of the search set .xml as part of it so I can do a single import in Navisworks.
              Brian Mackey |BD Mackey Consulting
              www.bdmackeyconsulting.com/blog
              @Twitter

Comment

You can also add an "and" search (default search type) under your initial search to reference a specific NWC file by searching for Item > Source File Name > Equals (or contains) > Whatever your NWC is named
                Mason Blalack | Navisworks Guy | Beck Group

Comment