Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 2500 USD, Received: 1869 USD (75%)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Moderators

  1. #1
    Banned User
    Join Date
    February 8, 2016
    Posts
    13
    Current Local Time
    07:28 AM

    Moderators

    Hey. If a moderator loses his mind and goes totally bonkers and starts doing an awful moderator job there should be a way to have that person removed as a moderator and removed from the forum too. I'm not talking about anyone in particular here. No really, I'm really not! If anyone feels I'm attacking them, it's because of that persons psychotic paranoia. I suggest you see a doctor then.
    So, is there a way to complain about moderators already? If not there should be! The forum is suffering as of now, which shows in the low standard of posts and low activity. It's very much a "praise Revit or you will be banned" forum as of now.
    Last edited by TheOneness; February 9th, 2016 at 08:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Moderator snowyweston's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21, 2010
    Location
    C.LONDON
    Posts
    4,392
    Current Local Time
    07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneness View Post
    If a moderator loses his mind and goes totally bonkers and starts doing an awful moderator job there should be a way to have that person removed as a moderator and removed from the forum too.
    Agreed.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneness View Post
    I'm not talking about anyone in particular here. No really, I'm really not! If anyone feels I'm attacking them, it's because of the psychotic paranoia. I suggest you see a doctor then.
    Might I suggest it best you don't cast aspersions into ambiguity then throw shade at the (potentially) offended in the same statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneness View Post
    So, is there a way to complain about moderators already?
    Yes. You PM another Mod. and explain your grievance. I assure you, (in the background) we differ on many points and seek to resolve all grievances amicably. Do remember also, that all of the Mod. team here at RFo are unpaid volunteers all with full-time jobs, families, friends and lives away from here, which in no way validates or excuses any unreasonable wielding of power or position, but does require a reasonable degree of tolerance from the community in terms of how moderation is, well, moderated.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneness View Post
    The forum is suffering as of now, which shows in the low standard of posts and low activity.
    I've not got any statistics to hand, but I would contest we're in a particularly prolific period of new membership and forum engagement - Dynamo sub-forum is getting a lot of attention and there's been a considerable spike in data-wrangling queries coming from the UK ahead of the 2016 mandate. As for your perceived "low standard of posts"? Well as a moderator I pesonally do not "grade" posts against some idealised "standard" as we cater here for first-day beginners (actually, even further back to pre-purchase perusers) all the way through to the gunslinger-elite (and beyond) and treat each new thread/post with the same measure of compliance to community rules.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneness View Post
    It's a "praise Revit or you will be banned" forum as of now.
    It really, really isn't. I can only presume with 5 posts under your belt you are either a luker, very new, or a returning past-member - but I can assure you that in the annals of this forum you'll find each and every Moderator at one time or another having a good old pop at Revit - this is certainly no Autodesk love in - and sentiments to suggest that it is, are, in my personal opinion, misplaced and flawed.


    Please do not misunderstand my post-dissection as an affronted defence - but "open letters" need "open responses" - so, for my part, here it is.

    All criticisms welcome.

    Kieren
    Last edited by snowyweston; February 9th, 2016 at 08:22 AM.
    thetragicjoy likes this.

  3. #3
    Banned User
    Join Date
    February 8, 2016
    Posts
    13
    Current Local Time
    07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by snowyweston View Post

    I can only presume with 5 posts under your belt you are either a luker, very new, or a returning past-member
    I have been using Revit since before the Autodesk days and have been following this forum for quite some time. I know this forum pretty well if I should say so myself.
    Is there any sort of reviewing other moderators decisions afterwards his/hers decision? Or maybe second opinions from others moderators before this absolutely imaginary psychotic moderator decides to ban a user and delete all his posts without leaving a trace of the deleted users past involvement? Is there anything preventing this sort of thing from happening? I know for a fact that a moderator did go and change a users avatar to say "I'm a rat" because that user had complained to other moderators, before banning and deleting the users account, and I wonder if you think this is acceptable from a mod on a forum of mostly professionals?
    Last edited by TheOneness; February 9th, 2016 at 09:21 AM.

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    February 8, 2016
    Posts
    13
    Current Local Time
    07:28 AM
    Look at the following thread and tell me if you can detect a problem? http://www.revitforum.org/architectu...loor-help.html

  5. #5
    Moderator snowyweston's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21, 2010
    Location
    C.LONDON
    Posts
    4,392
    Current Local Time
    07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneness View Post
    I have been using Revit since before the Autodesk days and have been following this forum for quite some time. I know this forum pretty well if I should say so myself.
    Noted.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneness View Post
    Is there any sort of reviewing other moderators decisions afterwards his/hers decision? Or maybe second opinions from others moderators before this absolutely imaginary psychotic moderator decides to ban a user and delete all his posts without leaving a trace of the deleted users past involvement? Is there anything preventing this sort of thing from happening?
    No, for reasons state previously. To reiterate, this is entirely a volunteer-run website and we can in no way accommodate double-accountancy or peer review for each and every grievance.

    It is a great shame you feel that there is

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneness View Post
    I know for a fact that a moderator did go and change a users avatar to say "I'm a rat" because that user had complained to other moderators, before banning and deleting the users account, and I wonder if you think this is acceptable from a mod on a forum of mostly professionals?
    I know nothing of this incidence so can not directly comment on it. Nor shall I comment on dredged-thread you link to.

    Posed the same question to an alike hypothetical situation? No, I would not think it acceptable, but then I would question the allegation also.

    But as stated, we haven't the resources to conduct lengthy investigations into every this and that, and we ask (not expect) you and all members to respect our limitations.

    I can assure you that in alignment to the forum rules and the spirit of the community, the moderators act in the best interests of all and neither petulance or megalomania are traits I identify with my peers here.



    For the record?

    I for one feel it a great shame when any user here feels we (the moderator team) are failing in our (volunteered) duties and opts to highlight their grievance(s) in threads like these. I should like to think we are an approachable sort and that this could be handled more graciously via private messaging. But such is the liberal nature of the internet, and so we must roll with the punches.

    I can wholeheartedly assure you that compared to other forums that I am "just" a member of (not all Revit or AECO related), we are an incredibly lenient lot - and this forum, in it's entirety, is mint.

    We are one of the best online community resources for Revit & related matters.
    We very seldom ever close, lock or remove threads.
    We have no post-count limits or privileges.
    We are 99.5% spam free.
    We are unsponsored.
    We are rarely, if ever, down.
    We support 8 languages.
    We can't help or accommodate everyone.
    We do our best.

    There is a door.
    It opens both ways.

    Kieren
    Last edited by snowyweston; February 9th, 2016 at 11:02 AM.

  6. #6
    Forum Addict josephpeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3, 2012
    Posts
    1,403
    Current Local Time
    08:28 AM
    ??? Bizzare..

    This forum is the best. If it aint broke dont fix it.
    Alex Cunningham and kubsix like this.

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    February 8, 2016
    Posts
    13
    Current Local Time
    07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by snowyweston View Post


    Posed the same question to an alike hypothetical situation? No, I would not think it acceptable, but then I would question the allegation also.
    Well, if you doubt the allegation, then I would say you could be a part of the problem. Because that is exactly what actually happened. That moderator, lets call him imaginary so that he doesn't fall into some sort of unhealthy psychic situation - just HAS to go. He has no business being here, at all. That is how it is and that's that.
    This forum isn't what it used to be. It pretty much sucks now. I for one wont contribute like I have done a lot in the past, because of this severe moderator-problem.

  8. #8
    Moderator snowyweston's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21, 2010
    Location
    C.LONDON
    Posts
    4,392
    Current Local Time
    07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneness View Post
    Well, if you doubt the allegation, then I would say you could be a part of the problem.
    Grievance noted*.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneness View Post
    This forum isn't what it used to be. It pretty much sucks now. I for one wont contribute like I have done a lot in the past, because of this severe moderator-problem.
    Pity. But your opinion, and choice, entirely.


    *I am patiently awaiting a PM to hear it in full.

  9. #9
    Administrator Gordon Price's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, South Holland
    Posts
    3,056
    Current Local Time
    08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneness View Post
    Well, if you doubt the allegation, then I would say you could be a part of the problem. Because that is exactly what actually happened. That moderator, lets call him imaginary so that he doesn't fall into some sort of unhealthy psychic situation - just HAS to go. He has no business being here, at all. That is how it is and that's that.
    This forum isn't what it used to be. It pretty much sucks now. I for one wont contribute like I have done a lot in the past, because of this severe moderator-problem.
    1: TheOneness, you have 8 posts, so unless you are just a new account for a previously banned user, I am not clear what "won't contribute like I used to" means.
    2: There is no "That is how it is and that's that." We discuss issues and come to a considered (and usually consensus) decision about how to proceed on issues. We don't discuss all issues, because there is a great deal of trust between the various moderators and admins, and I like to think between members and the moderators/admins also. You may not like the results, but you are free to spend your time at other forums too.
    3: You have leveled an accusation that, IF SUBSTANTIATED, would not be in any way tolerated. However, making that accusation without providing the proof is also intolerable. If this happened, you have an obligation to provide the proof to any moderator or admin, and it will be taken care of. If, on the other hand, you refuse to provide that proof, then you need to quit making the accusation. Because making unsubstantiated accusations may very well get you banned. Consider yourself warned.
    4: As Snowy noted, a much better way to handle issues like this is a PM to a moderator/admin you feel comfortable reaching out to.

  10. #10
    Banned User
    Join Date
    February 8, 2016
    Posts
    13
    Current Local Time
    07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Price View Post
    You may not like the results, but you are free to spend your time at other forums too.
    And of course I do just that. What did you actually think? That I was begging you for anything? No, far from it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •