REVIT FORUM RULES
RevitForum.org is growing fast and we thank all of you for being a part of this thriving community. In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow the simple rules expressed here.
If you have any questions about the forums or these rules that you don't want to post on the forums, please feel free to contact one of the RFO Administrators or Moderators. If you're having trouble accessing the site or can't log-in, please email an RFO Administrator.
While debating is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, personal insults or attacks, purposeless inflammatory posts, or excessive profanity. Additionally, posts and messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any laws, will not be tolerated.
Refrain from posting meaningless and/or nonsense posts that don't add value to the discussion. If you've got something a little "off-the-wall" to share, post it in the "Out There" forum.
Please refrain from discussions that are focused on religion and politics unrelated to Revit or AEC. RFO generally advocates everyone's right to an informed opinion, but certain subjects invariably lead to trouble on forums… and there are plenty of other outlets on the web for participating in those subjects.
While RFO does not discourage discussion of other Revit forums, please refrain from blatant advertisements for them. In turn, please refrain from blatant bashing of other Revit forums.
Discussing or linking to an AEC firm, commercial service or product is allowed, as long as it is appropriate within the context of a discussion (e.g. a member not affiliated with the service or product asks for recommendations).
Discussions of future versions and/or Alpha/Beta versions of Revit (or any software) that is covered under an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) is not allowed. Links to or discussion of features, feature lists, product packaging, etc. will be removed. We ask members who are participating in the Revit Alpha/Beta program to respect the NDA they've agreed to as part of that program. However, members are free to discuss what they would like to see or guess what will appear in future versions of Revit.
Discussions of (or links to) illegal activities such as software piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. RFO does not allow posts or links to sites that are explicitly sexual in nature. All links should be "safe for a professional work environment."
Please wait a reasonable amount of time before "bumping" posts (posting simply to move your thread up to the top of the thread list). Everyone's a volunteer at RFO, so don't get "pushy". If no one has responded to your post, put a little more work into what you're trying to find, or try rephrasing it or adding additional information pertaining to the question.
Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed. If for whatever reason, you end up with more than one login account, please notify a RFO Administrator as soon as possible, and they'll gladly help get it straightened out.
The RFO Administrators and Moderators reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason. In the event this takes place due to infractions of the Forum Rules, if it is a post, the members involved with be notified, and if it's a thread, a notice will be posted in the thread.
The RFO Administrators reserve the right to ban indefinitely, and without warning, anyone who willfully violates the forum rules.
Advertising, Spamming and Trolling
Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. Solicitations of products, services, contests, funds or donations (other than by RFO itself) is prohibited. This includes using the forum, private messaging, email, visitor messages, or any other means. Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited. If you receive such a message or come across such a post on the RFO site, please report it to an RFO Administrator or Moderator as soon as possible. If you are a representative of a Revit-related product or service, and are uncertain whether your post would be considered acceptable, please feel free to contact a RFO Administrator or Moderator for approval before proceeding.
While we want communication to be transparent and open as possible, we request that any disputes with the RFO Administrators or Moderators be handled in private through Private Messages. Please try to resolve disputes this way first. This is not an attempt to "bury" complaints in secrecy, but it may allow the opportunity for a more amicable resolution to the issue. Our goal is to help RFO meet the needs of every individual if possible, but ultimately we need to take into account the good of the entire membership. The RFO Administrators and Moderators have the final word - any sort of extended "campaigns of protest" will not be tolerated.
Linking to external resources (blogs):
- Links to blogs in posts, but ONLY IF the blog post was publicized BEFORE the question was asked on the forum.
- Links to blogs in signatures
- Links to commercial* blogs in signatures
- Links to blogs in posts, IF the blog post was publicized after the question was asked on the forum.
- Links to commercial* blogs in posts.
* A blog will be considered a commercial blog if it resides on the same domain as a professional service, and/or the blog is clearly just an entry-page to a professional service.
Avatars & Signatures
- Animated avatars are not allowed.
- Avatars that are obscene or explicitly inappropriate are not allowed.
- Signatures may only be text. No images are allowed.
- All signatures should not exceed the following limits:
- 4 lines normal size. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Blank lines count as lines.
- If you own or are employed at an Architecture/Engineering/Construction business it is entirely optional whether you include that information.
- If you own or are employed by a Revit consulting firm, it is encouraged that you include that information, and it is required if you provide referrals or post comments on your own or competing services.
- If you own or are employed by a company that provides products and services for Revit (e.g. software, products, manufactures, etc.) it is required that you include that information if you post on behalf of the company. Special note to Factory Workers/Autodesk employees, please make sure to identify yourselves so we can mark you with an appropriate user title.
- Links are allowed, provided they are not overtly promotional; the same rules for links in posts apply to link in threads.
Although the RFO Administrators and Moderators will attempt to keep all objectionable posts off this forum, it is impossible for them to review every post. Additionally, RFO is not in any way responsible for any products or services mentioned in the forum. Neither RFO, or the RFO Administrators and Moderators shall be held responsible for the content of any post or actions of its membership. Every member is solely responsible for their own views, opinions or advice offered on the forum or by the private messaging system provided by the forum.
While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently the RFO Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
RFO reserves the right to update and modify the Forum Rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.