Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 2500 USD, Received: 1869 USD (75%)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: User Reputation Point System

  1. #11
    Moderator
    "OMG I killed Revit"
    dzatto's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9, 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,234
    Current Local Time
    02:43 PM
    As long as my Rep stays above Alex's (whether warranted or not), I'm good with whatever changes should be made.
    Alex Cunningham likes this.

  2. #12
    Senior Member ekkonap's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23, 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    585
    Current Local Time
    09:43 PM
    Here's my 2 cents: a good post has to be noticed to get rep.
    I stopped trying to read every post a long time ago. Now I read the new posts that catch my eye on the main page. What ever happened to the post of the month? If that didn't work, maybe something like a 'most liked/repped this week' preview on the main page?

    And Alex, while I do appreciate your ethics in privacy, I can't help but notice you left out the part where I accused you of ulterior motives

    But seriously, what keeps me back in handing out praise is that my name is attatched. rep shoud be about the reciever imo. If I want to give a public compliment I'll post a reply.

  3. #13
    Autodesk Scott D Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5, 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    657
    Current Local Time
    12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dzatto View Post
    As long as my Rep stays above Alex's (whether warranted or not), I'm good with whatever changes should be made.
    you can see someone's "level" by hovering over their green boxes...while Alex is "Exceptional", you are "Sensational!" (said with a lisp as if it were coming from a male performer describing a Broadway show... )

    I'm "just really nice." which I'll take as positive since my name is followed by 'Autodesk'

  4. #14
    Forum Co-Founder iru69's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,637
    Current Local Time
    12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ekkonap View Post
    But seriously, what keeps me back in handing out praise is that my name is attatched. rep shoud be about the reciever imo. If I want to give a public compliment I'll post a reply.
    You're of course entitled to not give "rep", but that seems like an odd reason to not praise someone who helps you out or made an informative post. So you're essentially denying someone a pat on the back because you want it to be all about them. Wow, that must really make their day that they never received that pat on the back because you stuck to your principles.

    I'm mostly just teasing - I can appreciate that there are times where it might seem awkward to give rep because of lack of anonymity, e.g. you feel like you give it too frequently to the same person, or that if you give rep to that person, they'll feel obligated to return the favor, etc... I just would hope that most people can get over the hangups and make someone's day.

    Actually, I would be all for making positive rep (optionally) anonymous if there was a way to make negative rep not anonymous (which I don't believe is possible without extensive hacks, if at all). When we originally set up the rep system, we looked to AUGI as a model, and one of the problems I in particular had with AUGI was that the anonymity caused a lot of unwarranted "negative" rep to be handed out indiscriminately.
    Last edited by iru69; May 8th, 2013 at 02:47 AM.

  5. #15
    Moderator
    "Mark Twain"
    mdradvies's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16, 2010
    Location
    Boxtel, Netherlands
    Posts
    4,551
    Current Local Time
    07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ekkonap View Post
    And Alex, while I do appreciate your ethics in privacy, I can't help but notice you left out the part where I accused you of ulterior motives

    But seriously, what keeps me back in handing out praise is that my name is attatched. rep shoud be about the reciever imo. If I want to give a public compliment I'll post a reply.
    2 things:

    1. You're kidding right. I was absolutely sure it would have been Dan sending the PM. Those guys are constantly hitting it off...
    2. Afaik giving rep is way more private then giving a reply. Your name is only visible for the guy getting it, so I fail to see your argument here. I mean, if you want to give someone a compliment in your office, I get that you don't want to use the intercom

    **ATTENTION PLEASE: Coworker X did something good for a change. Let's all give him a big round of applause and hope this wasn't just by accident.**

    But do it completely anonymously is something entirely different. I for one always like to know who reps me... Not to feel obliged to return the favor, but because I like to see who benefits from my advice/time.


    But I do fully agree with Alex's initial point. There should be more rep points being handed out. Either that or this forum has really suffered greatly in quality the last year. I have not been around a lot, but after over 6 months of absence I still am the nr 1 in rep count? That doesn't seem fair to the people still spending time here.
    I mean, I'm not THAT much better then all of you...

  6. #16
    Senior Member ekkonap's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23, 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    585
    Current Local Time
    09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mdradvies View Post
    2. Afaik giving rep is way more private then giving a reply. Your name is only visible for the guy getting it, so I fail to see your argument here.
    That is probably because it was a lame excuse to begin with. But lame or not, it was my motive. If we are serious about improving the site use experience, lazy users like me need to be considered

  7. #17
    Forum Co-Founder Alfredo Medina's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Orlando, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,116
    Current Local Time
    03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
    ...The more green cards someone has the more they have helped others and contributed to the overall wealth of knowledge RFO has to offer the global Revit community.
    Yes, Alex, but what did you do to the settings?! Today, all the users, even the lurkers, have the same number of green cards. How can you tell the difference?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails User Reputation Point System-5-10-2013-5-56-30-pm.jpg  

  8. #18
    The Moderator with No Imagination MPwuzhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14, 2010
    Location
    Coeur d Alene, ID
    Posts
    4,802
    Current Local Time
    12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
    Yes, Alex, but what did you do to the settings?! Today, all the users, even the lurkers, have the same number of green cards. How can you tell the difference?
    Server got updated this morning and the bars are out of whack...titles are correct though....

  9. #19
    Forum Co-Founder Alfredo Medina's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Orlando, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,116
    Current Local Time
    03:43 PM
    Oh, I see, I thought it was Dzatto and Alex trying to have the same number of green cards.
    Well, let's all enjoy for a moment having the same number of green cards as Martijn. We will go back to reality soon.
    Last edited by Alfredo Medina; May 10th, 2013 at 10:38 PM.
    dzatto likes this.

  10. #20
    Senior Member ekkonap's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23, 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    585
    Current Local Time
    09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
    Oh, I see, I thought it was Dzatto and Alex trying to have the same number of green cards.
    Well, let's all enjoy for a moment having the same number of green cards as Martijn. We will go back to reality soon.
    I for one feel properly motivated for a change. Now for a question that suits my suddenly superior intelligence...
    Last edited by ekkonap; May 11th, 2013 at 08:33 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Add new control point to existing spline through points? - Not a hosted point
    By tjgreatrex in forum Architecture - Conceptual Massing and Adaptive Components
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 7th, 2013, 02:56 PM
  2. Inside the System: New Duct User Interface in AutoCAD MEP 2012
    By Inside the System in forum Blog Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 8th, 2011, 08:01 AM
  3. User Titles, Post Counts & Reputation System !
    By Munkholm in forum Forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: February 10th, 2011, 08:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •