Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Formatting multiple schedules

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 5, 2018
    Location
    Bilbao / Spain
    Posts
    5
    Current Local Time
    06:31 PM

    Formatting multiple schedules

    Hi,

    I'm trying to generate some automatic tasks in my company. I'm learning Dynamo as I go and I'm having some troubles with the following:

    I want to format the schedules in a certain way, right now I'm testing with the font type but the idea is to, as soon as I work out the automation, go further.
    The state of the work is as follows




    As you can see in the picture I need to go one by one connecting the schedules to "Schedule Appearance" instance. Is there any way to do it as a batch? Right now i have 31 schedules to format, but we expect to have bigger numbers in future projects.

    Thank you in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Formatting multiple schedules-dynamo-screen.jpg  

  2. #2
    Moderator cellophane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9, 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    6,000
    Current Local Time
    01:31 PM
    You can create your code block as a single list instead of a lot of separate items.

    I think you can connect your ElementFilter.ByName directly to the Schedule Appearance node as well (might need to flatten the list) - have you tried that?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Formatting multiple schedules-dynamolists.png  
    Last edited by cellophane; October 4th, 2018 at 01:36 PM.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 5, 2018
    Location
    Bilbao / Spain
    Posts
    5
    Current Local Time
    06:31 PM
    Hi cellophane

    I have already tried to connect directly from ElementFilter.ByName to Schedule Appearance and the result is "null" and the schedule is not changing
    Also after flattening the list

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Formatting multiple schedules-dynamo-screen-2.jpg  

  4. #4
    Moderator cellophane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9, 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    6,000
    Current Local Time
    01:31 PM
    What does changing the lacing on the Schedule Appearance node do?

  5. #5
    Member Bjorn_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8, 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    275
    Current Local Time
    07:31 PM
    The output from your Filter node is a list with lists of views, I'm guessing it has 2 lists, 1 with Schedules that pass, and 1 with those who fail. Get the first list from that list.

    2nd, dump the Code Block and connect the list mentioned above to your Schedule Appearance Node.

    2 things worth mentioning:

    -learn to filter using the FilterByBoolMask, it will teach you what the result of your filter actions actually is, and it has 2 outputs, so you can connect the other nodes straight to the required list.

    -The Schedule.Appearance node is a custom node, depending on which package that is from and which version it just might have problem with your Dynamo Version.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 5, 2018
    Location
    Bilbao / Spain
    Posts
    5
    Current Local Time
    06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cellophane View Post
    What does changing the lacing on the Schedule Appearance node do?
    After changing it from "shortest" to "longest" is working great!

    Thank you!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 5, 2018
    Location
    Bilbao / Spain
    Posts
    5
    Current Local Time
    06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn_K View Post
    The output from your Filter node is a list with lists of views, I'm guessing it has 2 lists, 1 with Schedules that pass, and 1 with those who fail. Get the first list from that list.

    2nd, dump the Code Block and connect the list mentioned above to your Schedule Appearance Node.

    2 things worth mentioning:

    -learn to filter using the FilterByBoolMask, it will teach you what the result of your filter actions actually is, and it has 2 outputs, so you can connect the other nodes straight to the required list.

    -The Schedule.Appearance node is a custom node, depending on which package that is from and which version it just might have problem with your Dynamo Version.
    Hi Bjorn

    After changing the lacing to "longest" I removed the Code Block and is working as well.

    About the FilterByBoolMask, I'm really new with Dynamo, after a quick search whit google I cannot see the point to use it. It looks like you need bigger knowledge to use it and I will research it. Thanks!

  8. #8
    Forum Addict josephpeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3, 2012
    Posts
    1,382
    Current Local Time
    07:31 PM
    I found this a useful introduction to how to use some of the functions in Dynamo, including Filter By Boolean Mask . It is one of the most used functions to handle lists so worth understanding.
    https://prezi.com/jqdljnvns9si/utili...tional-design/
    (Thanks to Andreas Diekmann)

    Also you might want to use Get Item at Index and a number slider instead of that crazy OUT list

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 5, 2018
    Location
    Bilbao / Spain
    Posts
    5
    Current Local Time
    06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by josephpeel View Post
    I found this a useful introduction to how to use some of the functions in Dynamo, including Filter By Boolean Mask . It is one of the most used functions to handle lists so worth understanding.
    https://prezi.com/jqdljnvns9si/utili...tional-design/
    (Thanks to Andreas Diekmann)

    Also you might want to use Get Item at Index and a number slider instead of that crazy OUT list
    Hi Joseph

    Actually, after changing the lacing to longest I don't need the OUT list, I can go directly from the filtered schedules to the Schedule Appearance node. The OUT list was the only previous way I founded to run the script

    I will research the prezi. Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Schedules - Formatting (Bold totals!)
    By guitarchitect in forum Tutorials, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 14th, 2018, 01:21 PM
  2. Conditional Formatting in Schedules using characters instead of cell color?
    By tzframpton in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 24th, 2017, 06:50 PM
  3. Conditional Formatting Door Schedules
    By d.stairmand in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 13th, 2015, 01:38 AM
  4. Stack Formatting Schedules
    By billiam in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 21st, 2015, 02:49 AM
  5. Formatting Window Schedules
    By Alan Roberts in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 2nd, 2011, 02:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •