Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Googleye

Thread: Duplicate linked sheets in sheet list

  1.    #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    November 15, 2017
    Posts
    37
    Current Local Time
    03:40 AM

    Duplicate linked sheets in sheet list

    I read somewhere that if you copy projects with sheets already in them this can happen, I was lazy and it saved time. Can't find a solution to this though, itemize every instance feels lika a workaround. Does anyone know how to fix this?

  2.    #2
    Forum Addict elton williams's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,435
    Current Local Time
    12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Googleye View Post
    I read somewhere that if you copy projects with sheets already in them this can happen, I was lazy and it saved time. Can't find a solution to this though, itemize every instance feels lika a workaround. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    sheets have a parameter called 'appears in sheet list', uncheck it, save file, reload link into host model, sheet won't show in schedule.

    or don't include linked sheets in schedule.

  3.    #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    November 15, 2017
    Posts
    37
    Current Local Time
    03:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by elton williams View Post
    sheets have a parameter called 'appears in sheet list', uncheck it, save file, reload link into host model, sheet won't show in schedule.

    or don't include linked sheets in schedule.
    Well, I want to show the sheet in the schedule, I just don't want 4 copies of it

  4.    #4
    Forum Addict elton williams's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,435
    Current Local Time
    12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Googleye View Post
    Well, I want to show the sheet in the schedule, I just don't want 4 copies of it
    You're only going to get 4 copies if 4 copies exist. Turn off 3!

  5.    #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    November 15, 2017
    Posts
    37
    Current Local Time
    03:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by elton williams View Post
    You're only going to get 4 copies if 4 copies exist. Turn off 3!
    There is only 1 copy of each unique sheet in my 3 links, meaning in those 3 files combined there are no duplicate sheet numbers. However in my sheet list each sheet from each link is shown 4 times. Turning of 1 sheet removes all 4 copies from the list as only 1 instance of the sheet exists really.

  6.    #6
    Forum Co-Founder Twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,622
    Current Local Time
    08:40 PM
    Do you have multiple instances of the Linked File? Meaning: if there is a linked file called "townhouse" and you have three of them placed, you'll get three sheets in the schedule.

    The way to fix that is expand the VG rvt links tab, expand the plus sign next to the linked file name, and see how many instances there are... And uncheck all but one.

    Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

    Aaron Maller
    Director
    Parallax Team, Inc.

  7.    #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    November 15, 2017
    Posts
    37
    Current Local Time
    03:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
    Do you have multiple instances of the Linked File? Meaning: if there is a linked file called "townhouse" and you have three of them placed, you'll get three sheets in the schedule.

    The way to fix that is expand the VG rvt links tab, expand the plus sign next to the linked file name, and see how many instances there are... And uncheck all but one.

    Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

    Aaron Maller
    Director
    Parallax Team, Inc.
    Yes I do, and yes this fixed it. Never even considered that schedules could be controlled by VG. Thank you!
    Twiceroadsfool likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Why doesn't RVT have the ability to duplicate sheets?
    By erratic in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 10th, 2018, 04:20 PM
  2. have a duplicate sheet number within different sheet folders
    By katewood1989 in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 10th, 2017, 05:33 PM
  3. Sheet list - How can I add a circle or dot parameter relating sheet names to phases?
    By yral87 in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 18th, 2015, 07:48 PM
  4. Sheet just became a Detail View, but still listed in Sheet List
    By LeanneZ in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 25th, 2011, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •