Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Spinning Cursor

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    June 20, 2017
    Posts
    9
    Current Local Time
    10:19 PM
    Well, i've been busy during the last weeks, but i learned a lot!
    Look up to the windows indexer, he can be harassing something.
    Check the parameters of your lan card, is it on jumbo duplex, etc.
    Don't forget to go check our "friend" windows defender. I know for sure that he can delay so much things. Check if he's analysing all the flow of information that your computer creating.
    Yeah, SSDs are great, really... But if the wire connecting it to the motherboard is ****... Won't do better then the cable. Sata 2? 3? IDE? with that, i would force a reboot and check the parameters into the boot. SSDs mouting like a IDE is similar to have a scooter motors into a Ferrari... -_-

    Otherwisr, please, give us a bone and throw a screencap of your device infos.

    Good luck

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

  2.    #22
    Forum Addict sdbrownaia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20, 2010
    Posts
    1,016
    Current Local Time
    05:19 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue again. Revit 2018.3. C4R project, Borrowed License. Wheel spins wether or not I'm on VPN. How do I check windows defender?

  3.    #23
    The Moderator with No Imagination MPwuzhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14, 2010
    Location
    Coeur d Alene, ID
    Posts
    4,523
    Current Local Time
    02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrownaia View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue again. Revit 2018.3. C4R project, Borrowed License. Wheel spins wether or not I'm on VPN. How do I check windows defender?
    I'm starting to think that this is why Autodesk has bee pushing everyone to Subscription. That there is an issue with network licensing and the subscription licenses. Think about it...they were pushing everyone to buy licenses before they went away, then suddenly they tried to get everyone off of licenses to subscription. They found an issue is my guess and this is one of them. Scott...can Colin get you on a subscription license vs network and see if you still have the same issues?

  4.    #24
    Forum Co-Founder Twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,626
    Current Local Time
    04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MPwuzhere View Post
    I'm starting to think that this is why Autodesk has bee pushing everyone to Subscription. That there is an issue with network licensing and the subscription licenses. Think about it...they were pushing everyone to buy licenses before they went away, then suddenly they tried to get everyone off of licenses to subscription. They found an issue is my guess and this is one of them. Scott...can Colin get you on a subscription license vs network and see if you still have the same issues?
    The problem with that train of thought is it doesn't affect everyone with Network Licenses. Ours don't have this issue, at all.

    I completely agree that there IS an issue, and that it's affecting a bunch of people and that Autodesk support should help track it down. To be fair, they spent MANY hours helping me look in to it, before I wiped out the machine that had the problem, but we could never find a solid cause.

    There DID seem to be some correlation to the Domain authentication attempts, and the spinny wheel. But we never nailed it down.

    Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

    Aaron Maller
    Director
    Parallax Team, Inc.

  5.    #25
    BIM there, done that cliff collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14, 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,950
    Current Local Time
    04:19 PM
    Task Manager Ctrl>Alt Del to check process for Windows Defender.
    There is also the "newish" Background Processes button on the bottom right of the screen, see if anything is running.

  6.    #26
    Forum Addict sdbrownaia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20, 2010
    Posts
    1,016
    Current Local Time
    05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
    The problem with that train of thought is it doesn't affect everyone with Network Licenses. Ours don't have this issue, at all.

    I completely agree that there IS an issue, and that it's affecting a bunch of people and that Autodesk support should help track it down. To be fair, they spent MANY hours helping me look in to it, before I wiped out the machine that had the problem, but we could never find a solid cause.

    There DID seem to be some correlation to the Domain authentication attempts, and the spinny wheel. But we never nailed it down.

    Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

    Aaron Maller
    Director
    Parallax Team, Inc.
    Aaron,
    Do you have an recommendations on steps to take to determine the cause/solution of the spinning wheel issues? We have a couple users that experience it. Myself as the one most often plagued by it. I don’t see the windows defender running. It seems slightly better on VPN then not, but not really. I’m ok to work directly with Autodesk if you tell me who I should email. I’d love them to jump on my computer and see the issue in practice. Its crippling me and I don’t know what to do about it. I could ask IT to wipe my machine. I know there is a license checking issue that Tony is working on with us but this seems diff. but hauntingly familiar to things I used to experience with Revit Server and working remote. Note it isn't fixed when I'm in the office. So it seems machine related.

  7.    #27
    Member Markus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27, 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA, United States of America
    Posts
    331
    Current Local Time
    02:19 PM
    If it is project specific, verify that no one is on wireless, a VPN or any other connection that could cause high network latency (> 6 ms). In addition, make sure all of the workstations/laptops are of the same operating system. Server Message Blocks (SMB) issues can happen if the server and workstations have various operating systems. I am no networking engineer, but know of this case.

    Inadequate file server disk space or workstation disk space can also slow down Revit Worksharing.

  8.    #28
    Forum Addict sdbrownaia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20, 2010
    Posts
    1,016
    Current Local Time
    05:19 PM
    This is a C4R project spread over multiple companies so assuring these items is impossible. I thought C4R would make those type of issues not a problem. Note that I can be on all those things or none of them and still get the issue. Note I have tried both on VPN and Off. the performance seems slightly better on VPN but its really hard to tell. As for disk space I've got 80GB free. But a huge C4R cache. Not sure if that could be an issue.

  9.    #29
    Forum Addict sdbrownaia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20, 2010
    Posts
    1,016
    Current Local Time
    05:19 PM
    But it does look like I have some crappy latency issues with Spectrum I have 100mbs down and 15 up. But if I tracert I'm seeing these kind of numbers.Spinning Cursor-latency.png

  10.    #30
    Forum Co-Founder Twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,626
    Current Local Time
    04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrownaia View Post
    Aaron,
    Do you have an recommendations on steps to take to determine the cause/solution of the spinning wheel issues? We have a couple users that experience it. Myself as the one most often plagued by it. I don’t see the windows defender running. It seems slightly better on VPN then not, but not really. I’m ok to work directly with Autodesk if you tell me who I should email. I’d love them to jump on my computer and see the issue in practice. Its crippling me and I don’t know what to do about it. I could ask IT to wipe my machine. I know there is a license checking issue that Tony is working on with us but this seems diff. but hauntingly familiar to things I used to experience with Revit Server and working remote. Note it isn't fixed when I'm in the office. So it seems machine related.
    Honestly, i dont believe having IT wipe your machine would solve it. I think the problem would come right back, since i think its a conflict of some sort, RELATED to something your company puts on the machines. Hence why i used to see it on my old machine as well. My PERSONAL opinion is:

    1. Its a waste of time looking in to anything project related, since we have seen certain computers exhibit this problem for years.

    2. I dont think its related to Defender, as i dont believe IT is using Defender there (this could be wrong, currently, though)

    3. The first question is: Do you guys have an OFFICIAL support ticket opened, about this issue yet? I cant tell you who i would talk to, without an official SR number.

    4. What OTHER machine in the company has the same issue, that can be repeatably shown time and time again? Your machine has the issue, no doubt. But there are too many "false positives" any support person at autodesk is going to make you rule out, in your environment: Working from home, VPN, traveling, shoddy internet, etc). I dont think any of them are related, so getting them to see the issue on a machine thats consistently in the office, is better.

    One good thing going for you to address it with Autodesk currently is that we know all the machines were imaged recently. One thing thats NOT going to help is the licensing settings on the machine are currently a goddamn disaster, from what i can see.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 - Schedules and cursor location
    By Joshua Kohl in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: June 10th, 2016, 05:17 PM
  2. Cursor hover activating views?
    By willsud in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 14th, 2015, 01:26 PM
  3. cursor moving only orthogonally
    By Ashwini in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 10th, 2013, 05:52 AM
  4. Spinning annotations in Revit MEP 2011
    By mog505 in forum MEP - Family Creation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 7th, 2011, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •