Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Spinning Cursor

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    June 20, 2017
    Posts
    9
    Current Local Time
    09:23 PM
    Just thinking, did you do some ping tests and some internet speed test... Something compagnies doesnt give what they told...

    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Moderator Drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9, 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    684
    Current Local Time
    05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MPwuzhere View Post
    Yeah, I saw all of these.
    We are not using VPN at all. All the PC's are in a LAN using a local project server on 1Gb connections. I do think it might be Revit pinging the license server though as we do use network licenses and the license server is based on the other side of the country.
    Very frustrating.

  3. #13
    Moderator Drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9, 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    684
    Current Local Time
    05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by boucher57 View Post
    Well, as mentionned by Autodesk, it's a 2016 version problem, not 2017... or 2018.
    But i think that Drew doesn't give us much information for trying to understand the problem.

    You know, it may only be some scheduled tasks done by the "Task Scheduler" on the server....
    Not sure about that. We have a team on 2017 an they are seeing the same issue. Not as bad, but it is still happening.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 4, 2011
    Posts
    107
    Current Local Time
    04:23 PM
    Any way to check out licenses for one project's team members for a day to see if that eliminate the license heartbeat/latency as the issue?

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    June 20, 2017
    Posts
    9
    Current Local Time
    09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Not sure about that. We have a team on 2017 an they are seeing the same issue. Not as bad, but it is still happening.
    Well, Autodesk is (is it a surprise?) late on the subject or it's strictly an internal problem...
    I'm referring to my old bim manager here by saying that if you use different version of windows, for the same model, you can't suffer some lag. But, i ain't look further for any information about the subject.

    P.S. do you all use SSD? If not, look at the page file allocation... Sometimes, the HD doesn't have enough for running Windows 7 and up...
    Good luck!

    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by boucher57; August 10th, 2017 at 11:53 AM.

  6. #16
    Moderator Drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9, 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    684
    Current Local Time
    05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flayre View Post
    Any way to check out licenses for one project's team members for a day to see if that eliminate the license heartbeat/latency as the issue?
    Good point. Definately something to try.
    We did detach a file and worked on it, seemed to be fine, which indicates a workshare issue, possibly?

  7. #17
    Moderator Drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9, 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    684
    Current Local Time
    05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by boucher57 View Post
    Well, Autodesk is (is it a surprise?) late on the subject or it's strictly an internal problem...
    I'm referring to my old bim manager here by saying that if you use different version of windows, for the same model, you can't suffer some lag. But, i ain't look further for any information about the subject.

    P.S. do you all use SSD? If not, look at the page file allocation... Sometimes, the HD doesn't have enough for running Windows 7 and up...
    Good luck!

    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    I have read about the OS as well before. We are all on Windows 10 with the same Revit build and update. That was the first thing we checked.
    I believe the workstations are all SSD, but I will check that too. Thanks.
    boucher57 likes this.

  8. #18
    Member Markus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27, 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA, United States of America
    Posts
    331
    Current Local Time
    01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Hi Markus,
    All projects across multiple sites (all working off individual local servers) unfortunately.
    No IT changes that we are aware of.
    No team members working via VPN or WiFi. Great information to have though, thanks.
    If it is affecting all project teams, I would still push IT. When a similar issue happened to us, it turned out to be an obscure case. IT replaced the network interface card (NIC) to the storage area network (SANS). The issue related to the buffer overflow in the NIC card. thank goodness we were able to move the projects to Revit Server, which proved it was not a project or Revit issue.

    You can disable the polling period of Worksharing. This may lessen the severity of the issue. Try also disabling the anti-virus, especially if this has been recently updated. Otherwise, check in Task manager for services running, that seem to be taking noticeable CPU or bandwidth.

    Good luck.

  9. #19
    The Moderator with No Imagination MPwuzhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14, 2010
    Location
    Coeur d Alene, ID
    Posts
    4,523
    Current Local Time
    01:23 PM
    Someone may be cranking up a movie or something around the time you are having issues...killing your bandwidth.

    Or everyone is listening to streaming music... Either way, IT needs to see where all the network traffic is going during that time.

    When I was the IT Admin I had a fun server called ISA in between my router and domain server. I was able to see exactly where traffic was going and where from instantly. Yeah...why is my bosses door shut? I knew exactly what he was doing...
    Markus and Drew like this.

  10. #20
    Moderator Drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9, 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    684
    Current Local Time
    05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MPwuzhere View Post
    Someone may be cranking up a movie or something around the time you are having issues...killing your bandwidth.

    Or everyone is listening to streaming music... Either way, IT needs to see where all the network traffic is going during that time.

    When I was the IT Admin I had a fun server called ISA in between my router and domain server. I was able to see exactly where traffic was going and where from instantly. Yeah...why is my bosses door shut? I knew exactly what he was doing...
    Yeah, that is one thing that really bugs me. I keep asking them to not stream, particularly while we are trying to resolve this. I think some still are though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 - Schedules and cursor location
    By Joshua Kohl in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: June 10th, 2016, 05:17 PM
  2. Cursor hover activating views?
    By willsud in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 14th, 2015, 01:26 PM
  3. cursor moving only orthogonally
    By Ashwini in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 10th, 2013, 05:52 AM
  4. Spinning annotations in Revit MEP 2011
    By mog505 in forum MEP - Family Creation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 7th, 2011, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •