Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 2500 USD, Received: 2174 USD (87%)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Limited columns in a door schedule?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 15, 2014
    Posts
    14
    Current Local Time
    07:05 AM

    Limited columns in a door schedule?

    Hi,

    I am trying to add a "new/existing" column to my door schedule but that seems to bump one of the other columns out. If I switch around the other fields it will change the order, but whichever field is in the particular spot seems to be lost. So I was wondering if there is a limit to the number of fields I can enter into a schedule? or if I am doing something wrong? There are no filters that would inhibit the visibility of a particular column to my knowledge.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Moderator
    "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Dave Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California USA
    Posts
    4,527
    Current Local Time
    05:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MMasterpasqua View Post
    Hi,

    I am trying to add a "new/existing" column to my door schedule but that seems to bump one of the other columns out. If I switch around the other fields it will change the order, but whichever field is in the particular spot seems to be lost. So I was wondering if there is a limit to the number of fields I can enter into a schedule? or if I am doing something wrong? There are no filters that would inhibit the visibility of a particular column to my knowledge.

    Thanks!
    how many columns do you have? I've had door schedules with up to around 30 columns without any problems. You can hide columns from the Formatting tab using the Hidden Field checkbox. Maybe that?

    edit: and, welcome to the forum!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 15, 2014
    Posts
    14
    Current Local Time
    07:05 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I only had a few, but I ended up figuring the issue out... Someone must have moved one of the gridlines around and the line was snapped to the grid next to it. By double clicking it went back to normal.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Moderator
    "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Dave Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California USA
    Posts
    4,527
    Current Local Time
    05:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MMasterpasqua View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I only had a few, but I ended up figuring the issue out... Someone must have moved one of the gridlines around and the line was snapped to the grid next to it. By double clicking it went back to normal.

    Thanks
    cool, glad you got it worked out and thanks for reporting the solution (although I don't really understand what that was)
    PijPiwo likes this.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 15, 2014
    Posts
    14
    Current Local Time
    07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jones View Post
    cool, glad you got it worked out and thanks for reporting the solution (although I don't really understand what that was)
    You know how you can make the columns bigger or smaller by dragging the dotted line in between? Well someone must have accidentally dragged the line all the way to the left so that the column disappeared. So when I double clicked the line that now had two column lines on it, the hidden one snapped back to fit all the text and presto whammo problem solved. One of those oversight things. Thanks a lot for the support though. It's people like you that make the internet worth it.

  6. #6
    The Moderator with No Imagination MPwuzhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14, 2010
    Location
    Coeur d Alene, ID
    Posts
    4,817
    Current Local Time
    05:05 AM
    I cannot reproduce this....if I try to drag it to the left past another I get a "Cannot resize column" error....

  7. #7
    Moderator
    "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Dave Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California USA
    Posts
    4,527
    Current Local Time
    05:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MMasterpasqua View Post
    It's people like you that make the internet worth it.
    you PAY for the Internet? Just kidding, thanks for the compliment!

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 15, 2014
    Posts
    14
    Current Local Time
    07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MPwuzhere View Post
    I cannot reproduce this....if I try to drag it to the left past another I get a "Cannot resize column" error....
    Interesting... Due to poor project management (I won't name names, I won't name names...) I didn't have a minute to waste yesterday but doing a little investigation today it seems that it doesn't allow me to resize past an adjacent but if it is dragged to the limit of the column in question it snaps to the adjacent column and hides it. This could have been fixed in 2014 but we are using 2013 as this is an older project.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 15, 2014
    Posts
    14
    Current Local Time
    07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jones View Post
    you PAY for the Internet? Just kidding, thanks for the compliment!
    I absolutely pay (way too much) for the internet... God damn Comcast!

  10. #10
    The Moderator with No Imagination MPwuzhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14, 2010
    Location
    Coeur d Alene, ID
    Posts
    4,817
    Current Local Time
    05:05 AM
    So....if I zoom in far enough I can change the column grips so they won't cross....but close enough that the lines appear as if one line....

    Hmmm....I think they should make it error if text isn't visible...This would drive me crazy if someone hid a column using this method...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Getting totalts from schedule columns without rows collapsing
    By Jumle in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 15th, 2012, 05:06 PM
  2. Graphical Columns Schedule - Custom?
    By kev4174 in forum Structure - General Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 15th, 2012, 02:55 PM
  3. Door schedules: smart columns looking at details?
    By John McCamont in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 27th, 2011, 02:49 AM
  4. Resize Revision Schedule Columns
    By mark b in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: February 15th, 2011, 09:24 AM
  5. Schedule Columns
    By dzatto in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: January 25th, 2011, 06:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •