Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 2500 USD, Received: 2164 USD (87%)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Family Origin Point

  1. #11
    Mr. Revit OpEd
    Join Date
    December 14, 2010
    Posts
    2,952
    Current Local Time
    12:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialandError
    ...But I thought there wasn't a "hidden" origin point in the file? I thought it was only where you defined the origin to origin?...
    In the past the origin location was fixed, not able to change it. Then they claimed to change it so that the reference planes would really define the family origin. If you're using an older version of Revit or the template is from a much older library it might be still in the fixed state. It's also possible that what they changed/improved has reverted back to prior behavior.

    How far from the origin were your reference planes?
    Twiceroadsfool likes this.

  2. #12
    Forum Co-Founder Twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    10,341
    Current Local Time
    02:10 AM
    FWIW, some of the actual OOTB families from Revit, have the hidden origin slightly off the reference plane origin.

    Thats how i knew to look there. I found this out while making a Callout Head back in 2008. LOL. Still have the family, too.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    June 27, 2019
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    14
    Current Local Time
    02:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
    In the past the origin location was fixed, not able to change it. Then they claimed to change it so that the reference planes would really define the family origin. If you're using an older version of Revit or the template is from a much older library it might be still in the fixed state. It's also possible that what they changed/improved has reverted back to prior behavior.

    How far from the origin were your reference planes?
    Family Origin Point-microsoftteams-image.png We are also using 2017 for family templates.

  4. #14
    Forum Co-Founder Twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    10,341
    Current Local Time
    02:10 AM
    Woah. The ones that were *off* that i was referencing were fractions of an inch. Thats rowdy. Which category template is that? Im curious to check it here, or see if someone tweaked it in your office.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    June 27, 2019
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    14
    Current Local Time
    02:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
    Woah. The ones that were *off* that i was referencing were fractions of an inch. Thats rowdy. Which category template is that? Im curious to check it here, or see if someone tweaked it in your office.
    Someone tweaked it in the office. We found it and ultimately I recreated the whole template over.
    Twiceroadsfool likes this.

  6. #16
    Forum Co-Founder Twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    10,341
    Current Local Time
    02:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialandError View Post
    Someone tweaked it in the office. We found it and ultimately I recreated the whole template over.
    Awesome! Glad you found it and got it resolved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Are the Origin and Project Base Point Always on Top of Each Other?
    By Helmet Fire in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 17th, 2015, 06:42 PM
  2. Can't change family origin point, family loads into project as hidden lines
    By lukewallace1990 in forum Architecture - Family Creation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 1st, 2013, 03:51 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
  4. The Origin Point
    By cellophane in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
  5. point cloud origin
    By pct in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 16th, 2011, 08:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •