Hi all, I am building a desktop - workstation for the first time, for my working purpose as an architect - So I am quite a newbie when it comes to building a workstation.
This desktop-workstation will be only use for Work purposes. ( I don't game )
List of Programs I will be using are :
1) Adobe CC - Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, etc
2) Autodesk - AutoCAD (Intense), Revit (Intense-used), 3DSMAX + Vray ( These are the MOST important programs that will be used daily)
3) SketchUp + Vray (Often used program as well)
4) Rhino + Vray
I will be running Windows 8.1 pro 64bit
This is the part list (socket 2011-3) I have at the moment (incomplete)
Intel Core i7-5820K, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - System Build - PCPartPicker Australia
I also tried to build one with socket 1150 initially
Intel Core i7-4790K - System Build - PCPartPicker Australia
I need help from experience user.
So, Should I go with 1150 socket build OR 2011-3 Socket Build. I want this build to last me for the next 5 years++ without changing anything (maybe upgrade RAM). While after 5-6 years, I want it to be able to easily upgradable and not to replace everything.
1) Please give me some comments on the pc parts that I had chosen. Is it recommended for my use? Or I should go with other parts? (Reason I go with 2011-v3 socket is that I read it is for enthusiast and I want something powerful enough, to not mess with the programs while I work. And I did not choose a Workstation motherboard because is too expensive and I don't think I need it yet)
(With i7-5820K, I choose it because it is well-worth the money with that specs, compared to other CPU, except for the i7-4790K of course)
2) Stuck with Graphic Cards. - So like I said, I am a newbie and did a lot of research on this build, but still can't decide on the GPU. I would prefer Nvidia GPU to be honest. So, I am stuck with GTX and Quadro. So, which will suit my needs? I read somewhere that rendering uses CPU instead of GPU, I am not clear about that. I also read that getting mid-range GPU that have higher GB (Memory) will be better off than getting the highest end GPU like the GTX 980 with 4GB.
So, which GPU should I go with that is well-worth the performance and money? And also Faster Rendering Time.
One important thing is that, I am frustrated with laggy, slow computer. So, I want something that could run really smooth for me for my work.
I hope to get help from here. Hope to hear from you all. Thanks in advance for everyone's suggestions/opinion/comments.